- Stats: 111 2 0
- Author: Melissa Histon
- Posted: 28/02/2022
- Category: Hey Soul Sista Podcast
Breaking the Bias – International Women’s Day 2022
This special International Women’s Day episode is brought to you by the Lake Mac Women’s Sports Festival – Friday 11 March to Sunday 13 March 2022 – three whole days of celebrating women in sport!
To book, head to www.lakemac.com.au/WomenSportFestival or just google ‘Women’s Sport Festival’ to book!
There will be something for everyone: a networking breakfast; two sport symposium days with exceptional keynote speakers including Sam Poolman and Kerri Pottharst; and a family open day with stalls, autograph signings, live music, food trucks and sport games and clinics, including a netball masterclass with Sam Poolman! The kids are going to love it!
In this special International Women’s Day (IWD) episode of Hey Soul Sista, four accomplished women who are leading the way for others in their communities, discuss the state of the world right now for women, inequalities girls and women face around the world in context of this year’s IWD theme – Break the Bias!
– Mayor Kay Fraser – Mayor of Lake Macquarie City
– Lord Mayor Nuatali Nelmes – Lord Mayor City of Newcastle
– Lesa Mason – the first female President of rugby union club, the Hamilton Hawks
– Charlotte Thaarup – Founder of The Mindfulness Clinic, International Speaker and Author and Mindfulness Guru.
+ Follow host, Mel at @melissahiston
+ Follow Hey Soul Sista at @sistacode
+ Subscribe to make sure you hear the next instalment of Hey Soul Sista Podcast
+ Produced by Newcastle Podcast Station